Monday, June 13, 2011

Hawaii Vacation

Ricky and I are starting preliminary preparations for our Hawaii vacation! He has this entire week off to stay at home and spend time with the kids. We will be gone for 7 days and 7 nights! It's incredible that we managed to get babysitters for the kids for an entire week. We have never been gone from either child for that long. Ricky thinks it'll be great, but I think that we'll be going crazy by day three.

We have had some situations arise. on Saturday, Judah's nose started running a little. Sure enough, he was very sick all day on Sunday. We had to give him several doses of meds from the nebulizer, and try to get him to sleep. I guess we should be grateful that he's sick now and not later. It would have been hard for us if Judah was sick while we were away. I know how hard it is to deal with a kid who can't breathe, and with grandparents who have never had to deal with it before, the whole situation could have been a mess. So the good news is that the worst is now over, and the most the grandparents will have to deal with is a runny nose.

I am starting the laundry line. The goal is to have everything washed by the time we leave. I'll also need to start cleaning the entire house. All the garbages will need to be taken out, and all the floors vacuumed. One of the final things we need to get done is a finding a house sitter to take care of the cats. We have someone who lives here, but he's never home (even though one of the cats is his).

I don't mind getting all stressed before we leave, because once we're there, we'll have nothing to do but relax. I've been non-stop housewife since Judah was born, and I'll most likely be laying on the beach thinking about all the things I need to do at home anyway. It's hard for me to even imagine doing nothing all day, but it will be good for Ricky and I. I'm glad we got the chance to go. Chances are that I'll want to go again and again.

No comments: