Saturday, March 26, 2011

Judah is sick again. Having sick kids all the time can be quite frustrating, but I need to count my blessings. Taylor has not been very sick, and Judah did have a stretch of several months when he was not sick, and I enjoyed that time.

Sickness in your children is hard to deal with, not so much because of the extra cleaning and washing and wiping that goes along with it, but mostly because it's hard to see your children suffer in that way. What would I do for my kids to not be sick? Almost anything. I want so much to save them from that, and to protect them from feelings that they can understand. I mean, you can't explain to a 2 year old why their body is heaving, or why they are nauseous. I am always afraid that they won't be able to deal with it because they don't understand what's going on, but somehow they handle sickness better than most adults. :) I guess this is part of the way they learn to trust their parents. I can't protect them from this, and I don't think it would be good if I could.

No comments: