Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I have sat down to blog several times in the last week, but I could never get enough thoughts together to put down in writing- or typing.

So I'll just try to catch up on the kids, as I usually do.

I am finally starting to see some intelligence in Taylor. She was never stupid, but Judah was able to communicate with us from a very young age, and Taylor has shown zero interest in communicated "properly." Her communication skills consisted of screaming. But suddenly, one day in the last 2 weeks, she began reaching for me when she wanted to be picked up. She wants to be picked up all the time, but the point is still valid, and she can now properly communicate that to me.

Ricky and I have reestablished our ritual of reading to the kids before bedtime. This is something we did with Judah since he was an infant, but Taylor didn't experience that until she was 4 months old, and it only happened maybe once a month for her. I have had guilt, yes, but we are now in the process of remedying that problem. When we sit with her, she'll touch the pictures and make cooing sounds. She enjoys family time a lot, especially with Judah (even though he doesn't always appreciate her.) She has 3 new teeth, and can feed herself finger foods. All these things happened in a short amount of time, and I am glad, because it makes her seem more like my child.

Judah has officially entered the "WHY?" phase of toddlerhood.
"Judah, eat your sandwich."
"Why?"
"Because if you don't eat it now, you'll be hungry later."
"Why?"
"Because our bodies need food."
"Why?"
"Because we burn calories all day long in order to sustain a stable body temperature and our cells are growing and changing every day and that takes energy, and we get energy from food, especially young children like you are growing A LOT all the time and so we need to make sure you keep growing."
[ long pause] "-Why?"

I can sometimes stop the cycle the longer and more confusing my response is. Judah is definitely testing his boundaries again. He goes in spurts of disobedience, which is normal for kids. He'll be a total gem, and then we'll have lengths of time where he gets several spankings a day, but it never lasts too long.

He talks so well, and asks to see friends and relatives quite often. He is very social and doesn't like being in the house all the time. He's a lot like me in that way.

No comments: