Friday, January 7, 2011

Unsatisfactory

I've been reading over many of my old posts, and many of them were so insightful and meaningful. Geez, what's happened to my brain?

I guess that's what happens when you watch kids for a living. :)

It shows that I clearly need something more. Perhaps I should start listening to talk radio again. Ricky sent me a link to a learning website some time ago, and it was really cool, but there's the issue of time. It seems that time is always getting away from me. There's not even enough time during the week to complete all the laundry, let alone trying to LEARN something.

I have been trying to stop using filler words in my speech. Er, um, ah, like, and so forth, and that itself has been a disaster. I'll try to explain something to Ricky, and it takes forever. I speak slowly as I try to put everything together in my head. I explain unnecessary details and am at a huge loss for vocabulary. I'll describe an event at great lengths when it could have been summed up in a few sentences.

Most of the friends that I am around have their own kids, and so we just talk about the kids the whole time. I have no idea what's going on in the world. I have no opinions to research and form. I have no clue what's going on in this country. I am just "out of it."

I have to start somewhere I suppose. I have to keep trying at an attempt to improve. I hope I don't stay stupid for much longer.

No comments: