Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Catch-Up

Ricky and I are both blogging failures.

That's what happens when your life is a whirlwind of children I suppose. I am taking time to blog now because Ricky is graciously watching the children all day while I am "resting." After all the Christmas dinners and cookies and stress, I am doing a short fast. The goal here is to restart my system to be more balanced. I've been hanging on by a thread. It's clear my body needs to catch up a little, and rest.

So this Christmas was really incredible. Judah is old enough to understand the idea of gifts and how to open them. He had such a great time! I started putting things in his stocking a week or so before the big day, and Ricky would tell Judah that we were waiting for Christmas morning! Judah would feel the stocking and giggle. He helped me decorate the Christmas tree and put out the nativity set. I am starting to indoctrinate him at an early age towards the awesomeness of Christmas.

Judah, being so social, loved every Christmas party. On the 23rd, we had Christmas with the "Buck" family at my parents house. My Grandpa Harvey always goes all out for Christmas. Regina, his wife, made a delicious dinner as well. Taylor was also very happy for her grandparents and some real bonding took place.

On the 24th, we did Christmas at my Aunt Chau's house. There was tri-tip and egg rolls and rice. For the gift exchange, Ricky stole a Starbucks card for me (what a sweet guy) and Jonathan got a shake weight. :) We left the party a little early to go see Trista in the Christmas Eve production at church. It was a lot of fun, and both kids were enthralled with the stage being lit up and the music. Judah clapped his hands to all the songs, and called for Auntie Trista. Taylor bounced the whole time.

Christmas morning was at our house this year! We had both Ricky's family, and my family over for breakfast, stockings, and gifts. It was such a blast and pretty much everybody got great gifts. Afterwards, we watched "Pure Luck" which was Luke's Christmas gift. We all had a great time and everyone felt that it was a really great Christmas.

I'm really happy to have such a great family. Christmas is the best time of year! What more could we expect to celebrate the birth of Christ!

No comments: