Thursday, August 12, 2010

Trying to Catch a Break

I have been trying to blog for quite some time now. It can be quite difficult with 2 kids constantly needing attention. I sit down at the computer everyday, and I get just enough time to check emails and facebook (darn facebook) and bank accounts, and then Judah has found me and I can't do anything else. Even now, I locked Judah out of the office to get some time to myself, and it only took him 2 minutes to go upstairs and wake up his sister. She still needs to sleep, so I'll just leave her there, and now Judah is locked downstairs to play by himself, which he is not happy about. I am determined to blog, so even though this is also not a good time to blog, I will anyway. I wish I had more time to blog about all the funny stuff that the kids are doing and learning. I am going to try and catch up a bit.

Ricky and I took Taylor to her 1 month doctor appointment, as well as Judah's 2 year appointment. On the way home, Taylor started crying. Both the kids were in the back seat, and Judah told Taylor "What's wrong, Tay-er? Don't cry, Tay-er," and it was the cutest thing you've ever heard. He can't pronounce his "l's" so he calls her "Tay-er" instead of "Taylor." At about 6 weeks, Taylor finally started smiling, and she would only smile in the morning right when she woke up. She'll smile more now, but it's hard to get her to. She's sleeping about 9 hours at night, so that is good for me. Unfortunately, breast feeding sucks, so I am still tired/exhausted all the time. I wish I could hire a wet nurse. Judah is putting lots of sentences together, so his speech is doing phenomenal.

We had his 2nd birthday party a few weeks ago, and it went fairly well for our first large hosting at our new home. We had both sides of the family over for a big BBQ, and Judah got more toys than he knows what to do with. The day after, he had another breathing attack and we had to take him to the hospital. He and Ricky spent the night there which sucked really bad. I stayed home with the baby, of course. Judah was being such a good kid despite the doctors not allowing him to sleep and continuously messing with him. He's pretty resilient.

His favorite movie is Toy Story which Ricky bought for him. We have watched it everyday. His new favorite toys are his Hot Wheels that he got for his birthday. They include a battery operated track with a jump that he will ask to play with every morning. "Play cars with me?" are often the first words out of his mouth. He has also moved into his "big boy bed" and Taylor has been given the crib. He loved the new big bed (bunk beds from my parents) and had no problem transitioning. So far, he has only climbed out of bed once in the middle of the night. He is also enjoying hanging out with his Uncle Luke who just moved in last week. They are going to be pals, and last night, Luke spent a lot of time showing Judah some football throwing techniques, as well as catching frogs.

Well, the baby is STILL crying, so I guess I'll attempt another blog entry sometime soon.

No comments: