Monday, March 29, 2010

Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I hate when my family is sick.

Poor Judah caught a virus called Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. It's nothing too serious (the name makes it sound worse than it is) but the hard part is being contagious. It's highly contagious, and the "victim" can still be contagious even after the symptoms have subsided. Judah was only sick for a few days, but we are still home bound to keep it from spreading. And the even worse part is that Ricky got infected.

It's a childhood illness, so adults are supposed to be immune, but lucky Ricky caught it anyway. His symptoms are WAY worse than Judah's were as well. He has sores in his mouth that make it painful for him to even talk! So now, Ricky is contagious for the next week, even though Judah was almost in the clear. Now Ricky can't be around kids for risk of spreading the infection. He even had to stay home from work today because his mouth was in so much pain, not to mention just feeling awful.

Then there's me. I am not sick, but every time I move in the middle of the night, or wake up in the morning, or try to bend over to pick something up, I am in so much pain all over my body. My feet, legs, hips, back, shoulders, stomach, and neck all hurt. Unfortunately, I can't "take it easy." I have to suck it up and deal with it. I have to push through the constant pain because there's no other choice. Judah needs me, Ricky needs me, the dishes need me, and the freakin' cats need me. Haha! I guess it's good to be needed, but I could really use a few dozen massages right now and/or skip forward 2 months and get this baby out of me. Either one would be fine with me.

But speaking of being needed, it's Judah's lunchtime, and duty calls.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'll be praying for you guys!