Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chump Change

There's a lot on my mind lately, and I'm not talking about the obvious things like moving, and how much it sucks being preggers, etc. There is so much change in our lives that is starting to move everything around. It's all good stuff, but just provides me with a lot to think about.

I have been a leader for the young adults group at our church for...? Well, I have always been a leader since it's existence I guess. Going on 3 and a half years or so. I have filled many roles as a leader, but my most prominent role as of late has been the childcare coordinator. Getting volunteers, and doing schedules, which is much more work than it sounds. Now with the 2nd child on the way, my responsibilities with seem 4 times more daunting. I saw it coming a long ways off, but with it finally here, it seems almost surreal. I will have to step down from leadership for a time. Not sure for how long, but I know it will be the right thing for our family.

We have already made a large sacrifice with Judah taking him every Monday night. We have to be there early, and he is up 2 hours past his bedtime every week. That has been hard for us (and poor JuJu) and it would be next to impossible to try that with 2 children so young. If Judah were a bit older, it may not be as much of an issue, but alas, we will have 2 children under 2 years.

So I have to find a replacement to take over my responsibilities. Eek! Our leadership team is pretty small, so there is no one in there that will be able to take it over. Luckily we are having an "orientation" of sorts next week to hopefully have some new members join the leadership. I am keeping my eyes peeled and I am praying for the right person to come along. Once again, like so much of my life, I am believing that God will provide. He always does. I am praying that whoever He provides will be able to give it more attention than I have been able to.

There's a lot bouncing around in my head. I have a hard time getting it all sorted out and just dealing with one issue at a time. With our church doing a corporate fast, this should be a great time for me to relax and reset things with God, but life circumstances make it difficult. I know that I need to take this time to recharge and reflect. I just need some sleep.

No comments: