Friday, November 20, 2009

Anyone have some extra energy to spare??

The word is officially out now, thanks to Ricky. I am pregnant AGAIN. It was planned this time, but so far has not been as happy an experience for me as the first pregnancy. I remember being overly exceedingly tired the first time around, but this time has been far worse, and is lasting much longer.

There are a few possible reasons for this. Firstly, I am not at a full time job with constant distraction, so my day is less stress, but longer. Running after a toddler is full time to be sure, but it's a less mental than an office job working face to face with customers. I was also in much better physical shape the first time around. Ricky and I worked out regularly with weights, and so I think my body handled the change more easily. However, after Judah was born, I have worked out zero times. I believe that it's made it harder for my body to adjust, and it has no energy reserves to pull from. I am just skating on ice each day trying to make it to the end without crashing. I usually fail.

Also, there has been the problem of morning sickness, which is more like all day sickness. With Judah, I was sick for about a week, maybe 2 weeks, and I was only sick in the morning. I took saltine crackers to work, and nibbled them until lunch, at which point the nausea had worn off. It was tolerable, and I only came in late to work once. This pregnancy has been waaaaay worse. I started becoming sick about week 5 (I think) and it has been a constant irritant since. I have almost completed week 13 (over 3 months). The nausea has not been bad enough that I am puking daily, but I have been constantly sick. All day long, with almost nothing able to give me a few hours rest. Taking care of Judah during this time has been hard. I just want to sleep, but I have to be up all day. I am constantly on edge ready to run to the bathroom, and it has been so hard. I thought it would be easier the second time. I guess I was wrong. Unofficially, I am in the 2nd trimester, so these symptoms are supposed to be gone...

Ricky is so excited about this baby. I know I will be once I am feeling better, but for now, I am just trudging.

See my pregnancy week 13.

2 comments:

Ricky said...

isn't it like week 14 or 15 now?

Add on top a little bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder and a side of keep the house clean constantly because its for sale, and maybe a desert of taking care of an infant.

Amanda said...

Congrats! So exciting! Time is going way too fast. : )