Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I am drawing towards the end. I am getting so close, and I am trying to stay positive, but this has been an incredibly long 3 months. I only have 2 more weeks at my job, and then I am free! I'll get to stay home with Judah instead of sending him to a stupid daycare, and I won't have to go back to that place that I have given 2 and a half years of my life.

I am so happy.

But also hanging on by a thread.

Judah has been sick 4 times since he's been at daycare. I don't know how other parents can handle having their kids in daycare full time. If Ricky and I were both full time, I couldn't see any evening ending well. We'd both get home and be tired (typical after a full days work) and your kid is also exhausted after a full day playing, and may be sick 50% of the time, so they are extra irritable. And you scrounge through the fridge looking for dinner because you don 't have time to go to the grocery store on a regular basis. Mom asks Dad to watch the kid while you make Top Ramen, and he's just as tired as you and had a stressful day at work, so he's on edge, and loses patience with the kid who is also on edge and only gets to see you for 2 hours a day. Mom yells at Dad to calm down and be nice to the kid because he's sick. So the kid goes to bed early after seeing his parents for a short amount of time because the parents can't deal with the baby who's irritable. So mom and dad sit down and watch TV and eat their ramen both being mad at each other and the baby, go to bed, wake up, and do it 4 more times.

I just couldn't do that. Your home should be a place that you can go to feel better and unwind. I know that most people only do it because they have to. Most can't even pay their mortgage without 2 incomes, but it would just be so hard.

I know that I am fortunate to have the option to stay home, and I am so happy that I will.

3 comments:

Ricky said...

You know, it's something Pastor Clint has been talking about, how your home should be a peaceful godly place. A true home. a warm, wonderful place you can invite people over to and hang out with, have a good time, relax. It's a bit of a testimony to how well you live your life and run your family.

Rosemary Ochs said...

If you like the way I run my home, maybe we should move in together?

Ricky said...

ok.