Friday, July 10, 2009

It's a Good Day

I've only been up for an hour, but it's already been a great day for me. It's Friday, and firstly, I was able to sleep until about 8am, instead of the last 3 days in which I had to be up between 6 and 6:30am. I am back at work part time now, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and it has been really hard. And not because I have to be up earlier than usual, but because Judah is in daycare for those 3 days. I feel so terrible at work all day while he is there. Dropping him off in the morning is the worst part of my day, and trust me, that would be a shock for most of you if you saw where I work.

Being back at work doesn't feel that strange. I am a little out of practice with a lot of the procedures etc, but for the most part, it hasn't changed at all. It is a very high stress job, and you have to be able to multi task like an olympic sport. It can get very crazy, and we need another person in the office, which the owners are unwilling to provide due to "the economy" which seems like more of an excuse these days rather than a legitimate reason to stop giving your employees raises and benefits. But that's just me. Anyway, while I am at the office working on 5 different things, and trying to calm down my manager, and trying to keep my head from exploding because my boss is a moron, I have this image of Judah sitting in a corner sucking his thumb, and it kills me. The only solace that I have is knowing that this is only temporary. I am covering for another girl who just took her maternity leave, so as soon as she's back, I'm gone again.

So being back at home today is quite a relief actually. Even though this is a hard job too, at least I don't have to worry about Judah all day. Judah and I have had fun this morning, and I get to wipe his nose, and feed him breakfast, and all that mommy stuff. I got to say good-by to my husband when he left for work, and I got to start my grocery list. Maybe I'll take Judah to the park so we can be outside. It's nice to have that option. At least I found my calling in life. My high school teachers would be disappointed with me, but who cares about them. My family is my life.


In other news, we've had a lot going on, as most do at this time of year, that I need to catch up on. The last weekend of June, Kat and I had Mandy's baby shower. It went pretty well, all things considered. Everyone told me that it was great, so I am glad that it was a success. Kat and I had put a lot of time and money into planning, so once it was all over, there was a lot of relief.

Last weekend was the 4th of July, and we had a blast at my Aunt Chau's house. She has a place on Angle Lake in SeaTac where they have a firework show every year. Jonathan, my older brother, and Grandma Sherry, from Tennessee, and my cousin Keith and Keri from St. Louis were all in town. We got to play in the water with Judah, and he had a fun time being social and getting reaquainted with the family. Around his bedtime, we tried to get him to go to bed, but he just wouldn't. He picked the strangest time to finally nod off. We watched the fireworks right over our heads. They were so loud and big that it makes your chest shake. Just a few minutes into the show, he passed out. Funny that he couldn't fall asleep when someone is rocking him, yet he can fall asleep with loud booming and explosions right over his head. We had a great time.

The next day was Judah's first birthday party! It was celebrated a few weeks early because of the relatives in town. Ricky insisted on an ice cream cake, and I'm glad that he did. Judah got lots of books (hooray) and a bouncy ball (hooray) among several other great toys. I have put away a lot of his other baby toys, so now he has a whole new round of toys to play with. He's having another party for Ricky's side of the family next week. That should be fun as well. Judah also had a lot of fun digging into his cake and getting it all over himself.

I can't believe how fast it went by.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

fantastic post.