Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jonathan

Jonathan (my older brother) is leaving for Iraq on the 8th. That's 4 days away!

I don't know exactly how I feel about this. I am so happy for him, that he is serving our country and his family by going overseas, but I guess when he first signed up for the Air force, we all thought the war would be over by the time he was on active duty. I never got a chance to cope with him being on the front lines, although, I didn't realize how fast time would go either. It seems like last year he was signing up, but it's been 3 years!

He is excited to go. He says that this is what he has been waiting for! I suppose that it is what we should have been waiting for as well, but I just never thought it through. Now, it's not like he's going to be in the line of fire and is in serious danger, so I shouldn't be worrying for him, but I can't help it. I would be worried if he was going on vacation half way around the world too. Geez. Also, he's only going for a 2 month tour, and he'll be back for the 4th of July, so it's not as if I won't get to see him again for years.

I just don't know... What am I even talking about? I guess what I am trying to say is that I am proud for my brother and glad that he gets to go do something honorable in the Middle East, but I am also scared for him, and I hope that everything goes better than expected.

Bro, cheers to you! Be safe and kick some terrorist butt!





















1 comment:

Amanda said...

Jonathan and your family will be in our prayers. I dont think its ever easy to see family go over seas, but what a great honor.