Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rambling...

Well, here I am once again... wasting time on a Saturday because I am already going out of my mind with boredom. And I've only been here half an hour. I helped one customer, and all they wanted was a guy from the warehouse. I've already done some odd jobs around the office, and now I'm out of things to do, so I am basically resigned to watching the clock until four and a half hours pass.

In other, more exciting news, Judah has 2 more teeth, Ricky can do 9 pull ups, my cousin Brian (coast guard in AK) is in town, and I am revving up to do my week long fast. I plan to start on Monday. I requested next Saturday off as well, so that I can hopefully lay low. I am glad that I'll finally be able to do it, but I am also growing exceedingly nervous. I'm afraid that I'll be a failure. I have done fasts for one or two days before, and I feel like I am dying. They say that the first 3-5 days are the hardest, but one day feels like 5 days when you're not eating. On the up side, I'll have Ricky over my shoulder, telling my that I can do it. That may also be a bad thing though, in case I want food so bad that I might punch him in the throat and then make a mad dash to the fridge. Yes, I would do that if I had to...

He's always there to remind me about the long term benefit. I'm sure that's why God gave him to me, because I can get really focused on the present and forget about what will be happening next week. Ricky's always been good about planning ahead and thinking long term. Without him, I would be seriously lacking in self discipline (as if I don't already).

Anyway, we have a BBQ tonight with my family. It'll be the first BBQ of the season, which should get things off to a good start for spring. The BBQ is for my cousin Brian. He's in town, like I said, and it's his birthday sometime in the next few weeks. It'll be nice to see him, and maybe I'll see some pics of her baby girl who's just a month younger than Judah.

I should probably be working, or at least look like I'm working. So until next week...

2 comments:

Ricky said...

I was up to 11 last Saturday.

but of course it took an abrupt fall on thursday.........

Rosemary Ochs said...

There is an entire blog entry here, and only a few words about your pull ups, and for some reason, you feel the need to comment on that one little tiny annotation.

Are you compensating for something???