Friday, March 6, 2009

LET THE SUNSHINE IN!

Tomorrow, Ricky and James are going to an emergency driving class. *envious* That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could go, but alas, I have to go to work. At first, I thought working on Saturdays would get in the way of how much time Ricky and I were spending together, but as it turns out, Ricky is really good at filling up his weekends. He isn't even spending time with Judah. He passes him off to Grandma! Not that Grandma minds at all. That makes me even more jealous, because even with all my "free time" there's no way I could go do something that fun, or that takes a lot of time.

But anyhow, that's not what I sat down to write about. What I actually wanted to say was how happy I am that springtime is so close! I have been in an amazing mood today, and I have already got a lot done around the house. You can't really tell, but I have done a lot. And once Judah wakes up, we are going to Grandma Neta's to hang out and probably go to a park somewhere, just to be in the sunshine! It's warming up everyday, and blue sky just does something to my spirit. It's unfortunate that I had to live in Seattle my whole life. I think God intended for me to live in the Bahamas, but had to relocate me since Ricky lived in Seattle. (Gee, thanks Ricky. Yet one more thing you ruined for me). :) Ricky even mentioned today that we can see Judah already showing the same tendency towards sunshine.

Yesterday he was all out of sorts. He cried and complained all day long, and I just couldn't seem to make him happy. But then this morning, we got up and went downstairs, and I pulled open all the curtains, and we are both in such great moods.

It's nice to not have to wear your winter coat to the grocery store. I feel so much lighter, and happier, and more satisfied in the sun. Pretty soon, the temperature will catch up as well, and it will be sunny AND warm. I await those days with great anticipation.

3 comments:

Ricky said...

One of the biggest things that has helped our marriage?





Sunlight.


Yep, that's right.

Kari said...

I have to agree with you on this: I adore the sunshine and warm weather! Maybe b/c I have a summer birthday... don't know...

I do enjoy the rain, though, and sometimes even the gloominess that is WA almost 9 months of the year. But that's probably b/c I forgot what sunshine was like during that time. And then out comes the sun... Oh sunshine, how I've missed thee!!

Rosemary Ochs said...

Yes, it has helped our marriage. You can't be a good wife when you're going psycho!

I only enjoy rain when it's real rain. Not this damp misty crap that comes in Seattle. When I was in Costa Rica, it rained every day at the same time, and it rained hard. I LOVED that. Especailly because the sun would always come out right afterwards.