Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Normally, my birthday comes and goes. I've already become old (i.e. mature) enough to not count down the days to my birthday. It just doesn't hold the magic it used to when you were turning 7, or even 13. Last year, I woke up and went half of the day without realizing that it was the big 21st BIRTHDAY! Ricky called me from work wishing me a happy birthday, and I had to think about it, until it clicked. Oh yeah!

This year was a little different though. About a month ago, Ricky asked me what I wanted for my birthday. There was actually something on my list surprisingly enough. (It's usually something I have to think long and hard about, until I come up with something lame). I wanted a camcorder to record the events of our family. For the past 8 months, I've been using our recorder on our camera, but it's not high resolution, and it won't take long videos. So, having a good answer, I knew that he would get one for me. So over the following weeks, I would wish for the camcorder, knowing that it was delivered to our door, and sitting in a box on the counter, to which Ricky refused to reveal the contents of. So for the first time in many years, I anxiously awaited the day when I could open the box and finally set free the dream which was, my birthday present.

Yesterday after church, Ricky's parents and I all went out to Olive Garden for lunch. As far as presents go, I got some really REALLY great gifts which I was not expecting at all. Kat and James took Judah out to the mall a few nights ago, and got professional pictures taken! I had no idea! That was such a great thing for them to do because I have been wanting to get some professional pictures taken, but I always put it off since I don't have that much extra money. (Most of my extra money has been going for gifts for baby shower's, weddings, etc.) I was shocked, and so happy for that gift. They also got Ricky and I a large picture from our wedding, and a fake plant for decoration. Both gifts were something I've been wanting as well, since I have been working on decorating this house better.

And now today, I am going out to lunch with my dad and grandma, just to hang out. Sounds like a good day to me! I spoke with Jonathan this morning, who called to wish me a happy birthday. He's leaving for Iraq in 2 weeks. :( And my mom also called me this morning to say happy birthday! My gift from them is going to be a ticket to see Trista's show! I am excited for that as well.

So all in all, I think I had a pretty great birthday this year.

2 comments:

Ricky said...

I'm waiting for the first video. :)

Kat said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday.