Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fast - Day 1

Today is the first day of my fast. Well, what I mean is that I have completed one full day. It was shockingly easy for me, which I find strange, especially because of the fact that everyone knows how much I LOVE food. I would be hungry for awhile, but it would never get bad, and would subside after not much time. Also, on a normal day, I get severe headaches when I don't eat, yet I went a full day without any harsh symptoms at all.

This could be good or bad. Maybe I am just lucky and this fast will be much easier than I thought. OR, it will hit me suddenly after some more time. I am hoping for the latter. I feel that my body has just been screaming for this. After the pregnancy, and then 6 months of breastfeeding, my body's own resources have been drastically diminished. This is a great way to "restart" my body's natural rhythm and restart my energy/sleep/metabolic/digestive/endocrine systems.

I already showed some positive signs of the fast. I slept like a baby last night, and I woke up around 7:30ish (went to bed 11:30ish) and felt awake. ?!?! I got up, went to the bathroom, and laid back down out of habit, but didn't fall back asleep. Wow. I can't remember the last time that I woke up on my own and felt like getting up. Usually, I wake to the sound of Judah, and I feel the usual ugh, why can't he just sleep in for once every morning. I hope that lasts.

On the down side, I do feel a huge lack of concentration, although I'm not sure if that's the normal me or not. It's hard to say. Maybe that will turn around when I go for a walk around the mall with my grandma today.

So anyway, I'll be up to date on how it's going. I'll try to blog every day. We'll see how that goes. :)

3 comments:

Ricky said...

yay blog blog blog! :)

I'm starving. I could eat a freaking whole roll of cookies, and then a huge burger, and then... sigh. I'm a bad faster I guess. It's not that I'm dying from hunger, it's just that food sounds really good.

Ricky said...

so, yeahhh... 2 days later, no blog post.

Rosemary Ochs said...

Well excuuuuse me for not having a lot of time on my hands. I am here all day taking care of YOUR child.

And also, you're not one to talk Mr. blogs-once-a-month...