Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 2 - Failure

Alright, so I had to give up. I am really disappointed actually. I was not feeling overly hungry at all, but I made the choice to eat again when I couldn't even carry my son up the stairs.

I finished 2 full days without much hardship, but the 3rd morning, I was very sick and weak. This was to be expected, with all the toxins in your blood, etc. But I did not expect it to be to the point of feeling like I couldn't hold a baby spoon. Like I said before, I was not all that hungry, but I knew my son was more important. He would have had a terrible day if I hadn't given in, because I would not have even been able to play with him, or do any of the things that we normally do together. I will try again, no doubt about that, but I'll have to wait until Ricky has a few days off work, so that he can take the baby, and I can hole up in bed. Or, I'll see if I can get my mom to watch him a few days in the summer when she's off work, and then I can just stay home for the few worst days of the fast.

The entire second day was not as hard as I expected either. I went to the mall with my grandma, and walked around without any problems. Smelling food was the only thing that really messes with you. Watching food commercials, or even looking in the pantry didn't particularly tempt me. But when the smell of teriyaki chicken, or fresh baked pretzels waft through the mall, that can be difficult. You can't stop yourself from salivating.

Some things of note, even now (a full day later) I can have the distinct taste of plastic in my mouth, and I have to brush my teeth several times a day because me teeth get coated with... whatever that stuff is that coats your teeth. After just one regular meal, I am all bloated again. I really want to start again, but I'll just have to be patient.

It's still in my goals for this year, so I will do it!

No comments: