Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy Busy Busy...

My days have been going a lot better lately. I don't feel like I am just sitting on my butt getting nothing accomplished anymore. I get up and shower and actually DO stuff. Although, I still always have the feeling that nothing LOOKS better around the house. See, doing a few loads of laundry and a load of dishes doesn't make your house look much cleaner. It's kinda "behind the scenes" stuff that doesn't get as much recognition.

Anyway, I have been having regular dates with my grandma. We go for walks around the mall, and yesterday I went to her condo and watched Fried Green Tomatoes. We have a good time. But also, along with getting more accomplished, I have been working to lower our grocery bill, which is going fairly well. I have been planning out meals, so that when I go to the store, I have a list, and I stick to the list.

Just writing all this out makes me feel more and more like a mom. Not in a good way either. Am I really that old and boring? Hehe. What can you do?

Today I have a full day as well. I have to go to the bank and set up a savings account for Judah, and then drive to Federal Way to get some keys for the church, then to the Koppang's to drop off a copy of Windows Vista, and then to Des Moines to visit my Granny who conveniently came to town without warning, and then to Kent to have some girl time with my friend Laura. Sometime in there I have to pick up a pizza, and I wanted to go to the store as well, but that will most likely be put off to tomorrow when I have more time.

All in all, I feel like this is the life of an average American mom. This is probably what the rest of my life will be like. Which is ok. I am happy. Life's not about me anyway, it's about everyone else. (That is not meant cynically).

Well, I should stop stalling by writing this entry, and go get ready for my busy day.

No comments: