Friday, February 20, 2009

Spill

Tonight I am going to the Taproot theatre with my parents and grandma. It's last minute, but an amusing story. My grandma called me a few days ago letting me know that she was sick and didn't know if she would be able to go. She thought I may want to go in her place. I told her I would love too, but hopefully wouldn't have too in hopes she would be better before then. Well, she calls me up and says she is, in fact, feeling better, but was looking for another ticket for me. I told her thank you, but she didn't have to go out of her way to get a ticket for me. I figure she must have felt bad that she wasn't sick?

I'm not sure, but she got a ticket for me, so it should be a lot of fun. Ricky will get some time with Judah since he won't tomorrow. Ricky watches Judah on Saturdays when I am at work, but the next 2 Saturdays are full for him. I feel like he doesn't see him much anymore. He gets home and Judah is napping, or about to go down for another nap. Then he eats and goes to bed, so Ricky only sees him for maybe an hour at most.

That's fine I guess, since he doesn't really like watching him anyway. He only likes to hang out with him when he's happy/doesn't need attention of some sort. Not to mention that most guys lack creativity with infants. Playing is fun, but feeding, changing, you can forget it. Ricky will tend to just hold Judah in his lap and try to play a video game (despite me repeatedly asking him to keep him away from the television), and when he gets irritable, he'll try to make him laugh instead of letting him play on the ground or in his playpen. So funny how that works, seeing as how Ricky usually can't pick up his dishes because he's "holding Judah," but can somehow manage to play a video game at the same time. I shouldn't be hard on him about it though, because he's been working on it. I can tell.

So once again, I am here at home, waiting for the hubby to get home so that my headache might go away. Unfortunately, he doesn't want the kid as soon as he gets home either. We both kinda hit our walls at 5, and then I'm tired of being with baby all day, and want to pass him off, but Ricky just got home, so he wants to just chill for a bit too.

It's really frustrating for me, because I, being the mom, don't really get the opportunity to "get away" ever. Even on Saturdays, I'm working. The next 3 Saturdays for Ricky are full of fun things that I wish I could do. I take care of a kid all day, then dad gets home, and I want him to be happy, so I take care of a kid. It's a patience thing I'm learning *trying to find the bright side* and I'm sure I'll get better at it. My nervous habits are coming back, so I know I am kinda stressed. My back is all tweaked, I'm having reoccurring headaches, I'm biting my cheeks, and my nails again. Hopefully tonight I'll get to relax a little.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

awww Rosie, Ill be praying for you all. Sounds like you just need to get out a bit. I admire you for looking at the positive side of things! I bet your a great mom though! Your patience amazes me!