Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Saturday

Here is my Saturday post, as expected.

The day got off to a rough start. Ricky is going to the gun show at the Puyallup fair grounds with my dad today, but he could hardly get out of bed. His vertigo was out of whack, so he got really dizzy anytime he moved even a little. Eek! That's not good, especially since he needs to take care of Judah for another hour or so until my dad shows.

I also had trouble getting out of bed just because I am lazy. My eyes were swollen shut the entire morning and my eyes couldn't focus. On top of that, I had to do a bunch of things for Judah since daddy could barely walk. So I lost a bunch of time, while helping Ricky. I am not complaining about it or anything, because I am happy to do it. But then I ran out of time and couldn't get my weekly espresso. That may seem dumb, but I have come to cherish it.

I have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the day either. No one cool is working today that I can talk to, so I'll just be sitting for 5 hours. After work, Ricky and I have some family in town that we have to go see. Not that I am dreading it either, just not super excited is all. And then we'll head to the in laws for some poker most likely (which I do dread).

The highlights of the day are Italian food for dinner, the sun is out, which always lifts my spirits, even if it's still only 40 degrees out. I am looking forward to the spring and summer with great anticipation. My work now closes at 2pm instead of 3pm, so I get an extra hour in my Saturday, and I went and ended up getting some coffee after all.

Things are looking up. :)

5 comments:

Kari said...

Do you scrapbook? I've been doing that a bit lately, and Elsa Gates, Melissa (Pratt) Williams, Heather Waggoner and I all like to get together and have a "girls night" and sometimes scrap, but mostly just chat... if there is a day you'd like to do that (or some other time you might like to get together), let me know :-). I think you have my number... if not, let me know and I'll give it to you!

Amanda said...

That one coffee is essential. It really is, when you only get it once a week. : )

Ricky said...

Did you write this post over several hours? I see an attitude change here:

"I have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the day either. "

"Things are looking up. :)"

Rosemary Ochs said...

It was over about an hour or something. I think I was saying that about the coffee which I finally got. You never liked coffee, so you wouldn't understand.

Ricky said...

well, I sure liked coffee when I knew it would help me get to see you more often. I went out for coffee with you dozens of times and drank that vile stuff, just to be with you, and acted like I liked it. And it was worth every drop.