Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas snuck up on me so fast. I don't even know what happened the last few weeks. I was looking forward to getting a Christmas tree and all that stuff, and then before I knew it, we were almost out of time!

Yes, we got our tree last night. We went out in the bitter cold and tied a tree to the top of my car while my fingers were falling off from frostbite. But all in all, it was fun, and the tree looks great. We bundled Judah up so that he wouldn't be too shocked by his first experience with freezing temperatures. He didn't seem to mind too much, and was most likely warmer than either Ricky or I.

On Saturday, we also had our family over to watch a Christmas flick. We all squished onto the couch and watched Fred Clause (which was surprisingly good) and put on a fire. It is finally feeling like Christmas around here, and if we get more snow, then that will improve the feeling even more. We have not had a white Christmas that I can remember, and so I do hope to experience that one day. Hopefully, it will be this year.

So starts the endless whirlwind of Christmas parties and food. We have a party tonight, and 6 more up to Christmas day. I'll have a lot of cooking and baking and cleaning to do, and it pretty much won't stop until after Christmas. But it's the most wonderful time of the year, and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Plus, I have a completely different perspective on it this year, now that we have Judah and everything.

Next year will be even better!

4 comments:

Ricky said...

Looks like you managed to get a wider template, as well. Cool.

That picture is awesome. His eyes look like a cartoon, so very round and in the middle-ish. But seeing his cold sore is a little sad :( especially since I sort of blame myself for it.

And I have the next two weeks off! Yay. I can't wait for friday to come... I'm tired of work right now.

Rosemary Ochs said...

I was so lucky to actually get such a good shot. He's really good at that stone faced expression as soon as the camera comes out. Either that, or he'll stop doing whatever he was doing that made me want to take a picture in the first place.

Amanda said...

Wow he has gotten so big even from the last pictures! That is a huge smile! : ) He is adorable. I know Christmas is all most here! So exciting, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

I hope you are staying warm and safe from the snow! I heard your area got a good amount.

Anonymous said...

He's the cutest!