Monday, October 6, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho...

Well, I may be going back to work sooner than later. Only part time, and for now it would only be Saturdays, but it's a start. None of it is official yet, but it is a very large possibility. I am kind of excited about it. I mean, it's been awhile since I have felt "normal" (if I even know what that is) and it will also be relieving to make a little extra money. My husband has done an AMAZING job of providing for his family, but we have both felt very restricted since I quit my job. All the money I made was extra, so we could do whatever we wanted, or save for whatever we wanted. Now that we have that much less cash, we have that much less leeway. We haven't even been out to eat for some time.

Not that it's a bad thing to practice a little self control, but Christmas is coming up, and Ricky and I are both very generous during Christmas. We also have a baby that will be eating solid food soon, and we want to save for a house. Now that we have our first kid, the clock is ticking, and we'll run out of time to move into a new house before we have our second.

Going back to work will be fun too. The only social interaction I get is at church. Surprisingly, I have not been going crazy without a lot of interaction. I thought it might be a month before I was going out of my mind, but being a mom must have changed something about that. I am home by myself all day, and it hasn't bothered me at all.

I hope that this will make things a little easier for us.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

I've been really thankful that through this all, we haven't had to cut back on our giving. We've cut our own spending before we ever thought about cutting our giving to others/the church, and that's an important thing to prove to ourselves- that we place people above our own finances (not saying we're being stupid). It'll be nice to have an extra couple hundred a month for the milk and eggs, that's for sure.