Thursday, August 21, 2008

Almost Back to Normal

Well, good news. Things are getting much easier for mommy and daddy. Judah is now a month old, and things are looking up. Waaaaay up.

It was so hard at first, since you are up all hours of the night getting limited sleep. You repeat the same thing over and over. Feed the baby, change the baby, hope the baby sleeps, feed the baby, change the baby, hope the baby sleeps, etc... It seems like it will never end until they are a year old. Now that he is a little older, the day is much more fulfilling (although still tiring). He can roll over and hold his head up, and when he is awake, he is more interactive. He enjoys looking around and can look at you. When I put him on the ground, he will kick and move and entertain himself. It has been such a relief, and it makes him seem more like a human being rather than a blob in need of constant attention.

Daddy is back at work as of this week. He was able to stay home for an entire month, and that was so great for me. Now I am by myself all day, although, it hasn't been as bad as I thought (for now). I still try to catch up on sleep during the day, and there is plenty to do around the house. It amazes me how long it takes to do it. I feel like getting dressed and putting a load of dishes in the dishwasher is a productive day.

I am getting through it, and I am feeling a whole lot more normal. We are back at church, and we have even gone out to eat a few times with the baby. It's nice to be back to life.
Almost...

No comments: