Friday, November 23, 2007

So, last year's Christmas was one of the best in my life. I was one month away from getting married, and of course, I had 15 perfect gifts to give Ricky. In fact, it seemed everyone in the family had the perfect gifts. This year has been a little different.

We have great gifts and great gift ideas for everyone, but they all know! Daniel knows what he's getting, Kat knows what she's getting, Ricky knows what he's getting (I had him order it for me) and so on. Now that I'm thinking about it, there are still quite a few good surprises out there for some, but my main point is that this year just doesn't seem as magical.

Maybe it's partially because we just got done with black Friday and I have to work tomorrow. It's possible that the magical Christmas spirit just hasn't settled in yet. I still have the feeling of having so much to do. I love Christmas so much, but perhaps I just haven't been given the chance to love it as much as it deserves.

Just wait until we go pick out a tree and decorate it. And the best part it that this will be our first Christmas tree together as husband and wife. I'll have to make Ricky sleep under the tree with me) We have already wrapped gifts to put underneath it! And that's not even the best news.

For Christmas this year we are getting a kitten! That will be exciting. Although, Ricky has some chores to finish before that will happen. I love this time of year. I hope that it turns into one of the best Christmas's of my life.

Oh yeah, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: