Friday, August 24, 2007

OK, so it's been over 3 months since I've been on this thing. I am OFFICIALLY a worthless blogger.

Anyway, I just need somewhere to vent about my frustrations at work.

So many things have been changing, and none of them make any sense and are just annoying in general. Things were going so well at first. It seemed that the owner of the company really liked me, and after awhile, he even wanted me to start doing "more important things." Things like working with the customers more, helping at the front, things that were quite a step up from the data entry/entry level responsibilities that I had been handling. It seemed things were going to start looking up for me.


After a few weeks of doing my "more important" tasks, it turned out that I didn't have enough to do because business had slowed some, and there were just not enough "important" things to go around. My supervisor and I decided that it would be best for me to pick up some of my older responsibilities (since I was better at it anyway) to fill up my time. I may as well be productive than do nothing. So I went back to data entry for a few more weeks, and, long story short, a certain person in my office had been taking credit for my work the entire time. It basically appeared that I had been doing nothing the last few months.

How frustrating was that?! I found out about all this because I was not invited to a very important meeting about MY JOB! When I questioned this, people seemed puzzled, like, "Why would we need you there?" I might as well have been stabbed with a fork. What did they think I had been doing the entire day? I confronted the person responsible, and she basically just inserted a BS reply and tried to convince me that this was all in our "best interest." I was discouraged (to say the least). So we rearranged everything again, and it has left me once again, with nothing to do for the past month or so.

Business picked up again recently, so it hasn't been as bad as it was at first, but I still feel like a worthless employee. Well, not completely worthless, but just not very productive. I have to be busy or else I go crazy. I want to feel like I am at least pulling my weight around the office. Is that such a bad thing?

There's a lot more to complain about, but I'll stop there. Fussing about it won't change anything...

No comments: