Thursday, March 8, 2007

New Job Jitters

I am excited to inform everyone that I finally have a job! It's just the kind of job that I was looking and praying for. I was caught up in a whirlwind of interwiews, but I pulled through, and I start tomorrow.

The job is at a company in Georgetown called Pental Granite and Marble. They sell tile, granite, marble, and other types of stone to contractors and fabricators. I never really thought that I'd work for a granite company, but hey! I'll be doing some front office work and working with customers a little when I am needed, but I am not really a receptionist. I'll be sharing an office with 3 other girls. That could be good or bad. I have had bad experiences working with other girls, but hopefully this place will be more professional.

I am really excited to start, but at the same time, I am exceedingly nervous. I hate being the new person and starting that first day. You don't have any idea what you are doing and you feel like a moron when you have to ask someone countless questions about how to do something in just one day. And I may be in that state for a few months, because I have alot more responsibilities there. Of course, looking on the bright side, if I can work for the Hunt's, I should be able to do anything!

I wouldn't be so nervous except for the fact that no one will be officially training me. The company is fairly small, but growing fast. They don't even have a manual or anything for new employees to learn the policies etc. They are working on it, but I am coming to work pretty much clueless. All I got was a list of all the types of stone they have and what they are good for. I'm just not looking forward to stumbling around in the dark when I go there tomorrow.

Ricky and I had prayed for the right job though, so I am trusting that it will all work out. Above all, I want to excel at whatever I do and enjoy it as well. I just need to keep praying and trust God that this is the right job for me.

2 comments:

Ricky said...

Blog!

Kat said...

You're going to do great. You're very intelligent, witty, and cute. What can go wrong?